Friday, June 26, 2020

script (unfinished)

The pitch meeting
Meeting room-day
Opens up on a mundane looking room with an uninspiring tan color for its walls and carpet that no one could quite decide if it was meant to be that dull a shade or if it's color had just faded over the years,johhny a producer sits alone in the room looking as dull as everything else with his black wardrobe and shaggy grey hair, the door opens and another man walks in and sits opposite johhny at the desk.
johhny:
(in a mildly annoyed, slightly sarcastic tone )
So you finally have a script for me?
The second man, a much younger and taller man who works as a writer for johhny, produces a script from his bag
Writer:
Yes sir I do.
Johhny:
What took you so long? I even gave you an extension for writing it but I only get it now.
The writer places the script on the desk and slides it gently across the table
WRITER
Sorry about that sir, I had abit of a creative block
(he begins to monologue)
First I originally planed on writing something horror based about a haunted alley way which was ecentially just a rip off of something I saw on Netflix but then I got bored so I tried to write a scifi involving monsters and space robots.
JOHHNY
(quickly cutting the writer off before he can finish his sentence)
Great those scifi films are what all the kids now, we might actuallty make a decent profit!
2.
WRITER
(mildly annoyed)
Sir if you would have let me finish you would know that I gave up on that idea after remembering that the average public secondary school has a higher budget than our special effects department.
JOHHNY
(raising his voice slightly as he gives in to curiosity)
Ok then just let me read the damn thing! Just please don't tell me its another sergeant justice sequel, they seem to be the only thing people remember us for nowadays.
Johhny picks the script up of the table and begins reading,
focuses on his face
as he goes through the script an aray of mixed expessions form on his face ranging from excitement to visable confusion

No comments:

Post a Comment